Monday, August 6, 2012

Jesus - the Maker & the Husband


My husband and I are reading through the books of John & Acts this month. I have a bad habit of going to books that talk about Jesus and the Bible instead of to the Bible itself. The Bible is the living, breathing and powerful Word of God and I sense my resistance to be a work of self-pride & enemy distraction. 

I was mulling over John 1 and it just made me so sad for our Lord that although everything that exists is made through Him, yet when He came, and even in all the revelation we have of Him now, so many do not realize who He is. He made us, yet we don't recognize Him. 

So many times, my relationship with Him seems strained. I always attribute it to false teaching that I am still trying to remove from my mind and my OCD personality that tries to be perfectionistic in my following of Jesus. Something really helped me that some friends of ours shared with me. It has been a breakthrough for me. They told me to think of my relationship with Jesus to be like a marriage. This struck a chord with me. Thankful, oh so thankful, for a precious relationship with my husband. This is turn has helped me understand how my Lord sees me and how I should see Him. It is a complete baring of myself and a confidant trust that He loves me, understand & is there to help..

Linked at The Better Mom, Time Warp Wife, Growing Home, True Aim Education, We Are That Family, Women Living Well, lowercase letters, Passionate and Creative Homemaking, The Wellspring & Good Morning Girls

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from True Aims Blogs Hop!

    WOW O WOW What a WONDERFUL blog post! It really & truly helped me today. Thank you so much for being transparent! I hope more see this awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!!