Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"You are like the Wind" ~ convo with my husband


"You are like the wind," my husband tenderly explained to me last night. We were having a passionate discussion about our faith and our varying views on stuff like the Holy Spirit, politics, sexual orientation, etc. My husband has such an insight into me. This wind thing is something that I am well aware of and ashamed of. I tend to have flights of feelings, thoughts, convictions, beliefs. I know the Word says that we are not to be tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine. Yet, I also know it says that everyone born the Spirit is like the wind, where we come from and where we are going is unknown. 

According to my husband, my windy personality is not something that I should be ashamed of. And it has occurred to me that the fact that I can be on one side at one point and the exact opposite side at another point can be somewhat of a gift. I can put my feet in other people's moccasins and relate, understand each side. 

Yet, the battle for me is not the doubt or the change of my mind; it is my words. My having problems or applauding an issue is for my mind and heart to process with the help of the Word and my husband, but not for me to rant and rave to others' about. The love that I am to have for people is the big love of Jesus. He went around uplifting people, helping them to find the free life by letting go of poor choices. Gossip had no place in his vocabulary and if he ever did vent, it was to his Father and not to other followers. 

Linked at The Wellspring

image from here

1 comment:

  1. What? You're telling other people about our "private" conversations? ... hahahaha! Ok, seriously, each and everyone of us have our place in this world. I truly believe the Good Lord intended it that way. The issues come when we try to reconcile what we feel we should be against what others tell us to be. This is not an easy task because we can't always trust our feelings. Sometimes they're wrong due to external influences (Satan/evil/mean people; the stirring/exciting words of family, a friend, or leader that stirs us up; the weather; etc.) and sometimes due to internal ones as well (hopes/dreams/wishes/desires). This is part of what I believe Paul was saying to the Philippians when he said, "Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him." [Phl 2:12b & 13 NLT] ... It's our willingly living for Him and having Him work through us that makes our part fit in the grand scheme of His plans. Our lives are just much simpler when we do.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!!