Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy in the Mess..

I'm glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess—happy that you're again showing such strong concern for me. Not that you ever quit praying and thinking about me. You just had no chance to show it. Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. (Philippians 4:10-13 MSG)


This is really where I am right now..thankful for what I have and not wanting or even needing a lot. Another area that this has really struck a chord is in my home: I am learning to be happy and relaxed, whether my home is clean or messy. So often 2 things happen to me: 1) I feel like I can't be settled if the home is not put together, 2) I worry that others in the family think I am doing a bad job as homemaker. I found this picture on this facebook page I follow:


I am ONLY responsible for following my Lord..only His plan for me each day..in doing this, I am being myself and not being made bitter by the dictates or what I think are the dictates of others..


I try each morning or the night before to come up with a list of what I want to accomplish: usually it rotates between: tidying a couple of rooms, or cleaning the kitchen & cooking dinner, or laundry and cleaning the bathroom.


I am at rest to enjoy the comfort & peace of home, even if it is not all tidy.

linked at The Wellspring, The Better Mom, Marvelously Messy, lowercase letters, Mom's the Word,Time-Warp-Wife & Growing Home

2 comments:

  1. Awesome freedom here!

    So glad to see someone else's musings on this subject . . . seems to be the content of most of my blog posts! :)

    Such peace in coming to this, eh?
    Glad I stopped by from the Wellspring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is freedom when I can remain connected to His plan for me. There are not enough hours in the day to complete everything - to be perfectionists..but the gentle prods of Jesus are my marching orders each day..

      Delete

Your comments make me smile!!!