Friday, July 6, 2012

Therapy on the Couch..Writing as a Convo with God

"Shrinks have couches, not guns." ~ from Bones. Today my blog posts have teetered on the verge of shrink-worthy. And as I lay on the "couch" or as it really is - my bed, I feel answers descending as I punch out my posts on my tiny phone. I have seen many therapists in my stormy adulthood. Most told me stuff I already knew. A couple really helped, except that I didn't stay with them long enough. But writing brings up both truth & answers. I am really starting to see my writing as a conversation between God & me. So glad he provides the gentleness of a couch & tissues instead of pulling out the big guns. A comfy, cross stitched verse hanging in my parent's home sums it up, "Thy gentleness hath made me great." (Psalm 18:35b)
image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!!