Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Some Thoughts on Proverbs 31 #1


I kinda had a breakdown yesterday, because spending money just really stresses me out..we are about to renovate our bathroom, and it is a need for our home..I just want so badly to leave fairy step carbon footprints on our Earth..


So I decided I needed some time in Proverbs 31 for a while and these are some conclusions for our family that jumped out at me when I was reading:


MEND before buying new..my daughter was doing laundry the other day and mended some sleep shorts of mine..sadly, mending them had not even occurred to me, but now they will last a good time longer


FOOD PRESERVATION: this was an idea my husband presented to me yesterday..canning & drying meats, veggies and fruits..this idea kinda scares me, but I just need to take a step at a time..just like yesterday, I removed a door off a cabinet..I know this is probably elementary to many of you, but I had 3 brothers and never did carpentry or yard maintenance..


CHILDREN CHORES: let them do the weekly dusting and vacuuming and their own laundry..


BLOG SPONSORS: I so want to encourage other cottage businesses to prosper as I am so trying to do with my writing..so if and when I sponsor others on my blog, I would like to choose mom & pop type businesses..


I will share more and I chew on this chapter..

image from here

linked at  The Better Mom, Time Warp Wife, Growing Home, True Aim Education, We Are That Family, Women Living Well, lowercase letters 

5 comments:

  1. Great thoughts!!! I have tried to mend before buying new and it has saved us SO MUCH MONEY! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am sure it is a great way to save money..I try to think of ways a lot and this one was right under my nose and didn't occur to me..thankful for a sweet daughter who thought about it and made it happen!!!

      Delete
  2. Great Ideas. I am just like you and don't have a lot of experience repairing things around the house. Canning scares me too! Lol. Public school just doesn't cover that type of stuff anymore. Thanks for linking up at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am excited about trying new things..I'm like a kid in that I get proud of myself when I do something I've never done before..:)

      Delete
  3. I don't know anything about maintenance either! :) Good for you for stepping out and doing something new! :) Lauren, lholmes79.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!!