Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Husband's Plea Concering My Depression


The day I met the man who is now my husband, which is two years ago this month, he said something to me that startled me with comfort. I struggled with serious depression off and on (mostly on) from ages 25-35. Much of this was due to losing my way because of my confusion about God. 


Our first date, I bared my heart to my now husband, sharing what I had gone through and asking lots of questions about God. 


So many friends couldn't deal with me during the depression. People I never thought would turn their backs on me, did. I know that I was very difficult and it overwhelmed people. Still it hurt.


But this man that I had just met, after hearing what I had been through, called me dearheart (my favorite endearing name, that I heard for the first time from him), and told me that if I ever felt depression like that again to call him and let him know. He did not want me to have to go through that alone ever again. 


He stole my heart with this..


I was telling him a few weeks ago how much that meant to me and he assured me that it still holds true now as much as ever..I love my dear man!!!!!!!!!!!

linked at  The Better Mom, Time Warp Wife, Growing Home, True Aim Education, We Are That Family, Women Living Well, lowercase letters


image from here

7 comments:

  1. What a good hubby! :) Lauren, lholmes79.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing man. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I somewhat share the same story with my now husband. I shared all my hurts to him and instead of leaving he sheltered me while I healed! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all dear friends for your encouraging comments..I am so proud of my husband!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!!