Monday, July 30, 2012

Be Still and Know that I Am God


NIV:
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”


Good News:
Stop fighting, he says, and know that I am God, supreme among the nations, supreme over the world.  

The Message:
Attention, all! See the marvels of God! He plants flowers and trees all over the earth, Bans war from pole to pole, breaks all the weapons across his knee. "Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything."  


My husband and I were talking the other day and he was telling me that ever since childhood, he would stop sometimes and just be still before God..focusing his mind on all the good that God had done for him , all the bad that God had turned into good, and everything that God was and had done throughout time. It is a soothing experience and I love the different translations here ranging from being still, stopping fighting, and remembering. He is God and God is love. Whatever happens is surrounded by His unfathomable love!!!

Linked at The Wellspring & Good Morning Girls

image from here & here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!!