Monday, August 27, 2012

The Idle Parent, Chapters 7-10 ~ Simple Entertainment



Totally forgot to write about The Idle Parent last week. So here are the things that stood out to me in Chapters 7-10

Children's toys and adult's "toys" are merely to relieve boredom with costly distraction. Instead, play games together, bang wooden spoons and pots while singing together, make art out of nature, dress up in hand me down clothing, read novels aloud as a family, dance to all different styles of music. I must admit that I would add here, watch movies together. The author might not agree, but with my family, there is a lot of verbal interaction during and after watching good movies. Also, as an artist, there is a lot of creativity going on in good movies. 

I personally have set a goal to refrain from spending unnecessary money. As a result I have become a frequent guest at several libraries and have met lots of new book and movie friends ~  completely free. Also, cooking and baking have begun to pull me in again, and it is a thrill to make tasty food for those I love.

image from here & here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!!