Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Spaces

I love my home and the mood each space creates. God provides spaces for us. Each day we are in a special space that God has prepared us for. Look at the different spaces in the 23rd Psalm. He is with us in all the spaces, relaxing and supporting us.

Psalm 23

A David Psalm
SPACE: LUSH MEADOWS WITH QUIET POOLS, to catch my breath in the battle
 
1-3 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
   You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
      you find me quiet pools to drink from.
   True to your word,
      you let me catch my breath
      and send me in the right direction.

SPACE: DEATH VALLEY with His crook, my security

 4 Even when the way goes through
      Death Valley,
   I'm not afraid
      when you walk at my side.
   Your trusty shepherd's crook
      makes me feel secure.

SPACE: ELEGANT DINING, looking down with confidence on my enemies

 5 You serve me a six-course dinner
      right in front of my enemies.
   You revive my drooping head;
      my cup brims with blessing.

SPACE: HOUSE OF GOD

 6 Your beauty and love chase after me
      every day of my life.
   I'm back home in the house of God
      for the rest of my life.

What mood do these spaces evoke in you?




Images from here & here & here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!!