Sunday, July 15, 2012

Book/Response Club

Introducing a Book/Response Club..I just would love to hear your ideas on stuff we read together. I am going to try to choose mainly library books so that hopefully we can find them easily and not have to spend money..the first book is The Idle Parent by Tom Hodgkinson. He is an author/editor and this book is subtitled: Why Laid Back Parents Raise Happier and Healthier Kids. When I choose a book to read, it is the title, cover and back of book that draw me in. So, I don't promise all my choices to be masterpieces, but I do hope that we can glean from each one. We will read 2 chapters a week (starting with the intro. and manifesto this week and the last week we will read 3 chapters as there are 19 all together). I will post ideas and things to think about along the way and would love your ideas! Curl up in bed with hot milk spiced and sweetened, snuggle under the covers (or turn the fan on, depending on the weather) and relax with WORDS!!!

image from here

Linked at The Better Mom, Time Warp Wife, Growing Home & lowercase letters

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great book. I am definatly a relaxed parent. My sisters drive me crazy because they are so strict and it shows in the kids. I am a puddle jumping mudpie making momma with three happy mudpie making kiddos. The other day when it rained and the kids just "had to puddle jump". An older lady commented that I must be a great mother to allow my kids to do that. It caught me off guard. It is just part of who we are. If there are puddles to jump in we are gonna do it, and the parents are usally the first ones in. I think I will look for the book and join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Momma, oh, I absolutely love this kind of parenting..before I married my husband and became a mommy to his four kids, I worked in child care centers and cascaded those little ones in wholesome and messy fun..creativity using what I have on hand beckons me often..

      Delete

Your comments make me smile!!!