Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Love of Jesus, received & expressed, from a teaching by Pastor Mike



Oh my goodness..I accidentally deleted my "The Love of Jesus" post..so here goes, I am going to try and reproduce it here.


John called himself the disciple whom Jesus loves..he had a confidence in that love, a child-like trust that Jesus had his back..


Peter always seemed to be striving to out love Jesus, on the defensive about his own love..unsure, questioning..


Understanding how much Jesus loves us is paramount to us having power over fear and the torments of the evil one.


One way to understand His love, is to start being aware of everything he does for us, even teeny tiny things..starting a hourly thank you list is good..set your alarm to ring on the hour and write down something in each hour that Jesus has done for you..


Being sure that we are lavished in His love for us is the springboard for our entire foundation and experience of God. That word: LAVISH reminds me of pink bubbles in a bubble bath and I love to think of Jesus love this way, overflowing pink bubbles of love engulfing me.


When we can truly grasp His perfect love, then fear will be cast out and we will be able to turn around and explode with that love on others. Jesus said, this is how we prove we love Him:


"I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.'
Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone
overlooked or ignored, THAT WAS ME - YOU DID IT TO ME.'
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!!