Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Applauding & Joy Giggles ~ Staying in the Moment with Thanksgiving ~ One Thousand Gifts written by Ann Voskamp #4


I had a glimpse last night of what staying in the moment and finding its joys is like...I, of course, was feeling guilty for not getting a lot accomplished yesterday...allergies have really knocked me off my butt...the constant regrets of the past and fear of the future, instead of staying, resting, rejoicing, abiding in this one minute ~ this place where I AM resides and gives me hope...last night I made myself focus in only on the minute ~ of enjoying the eyes and ears God has given me to enjoy a show like Law & Order, the security that I have in my safe and cozy home, the family that surrounds me and my days...my daughter and buddy, Kaylin, the way Christopher, my son, cracks me up, my sister, Liz and the excitement of her starting college next year and us hanging out together...all these thoughts as I was staying in that minute...all this abundance permeated my thoughts. I am so accustomed to regret or worrying that it takes honed in focus to stay here, but it is so worth it....blessings pour out upon me as I both accomplish this minutes tasks and relax in the grace that greets me this moment... 

What is my goal in life? What is my career? Applauding at the Wonders of Jesus & Joy Giggles in His Presence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!!